EDGAR - What's new
For CO2, CH4 and N2O, CF compliant netcdf files with sector emissions are available for download.
[ emissions on grid ]
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) available
[ FAQ page ]
Sectorial gridded data available on 0.1x0.1 degree grid. Sectors included:
- agricultural soils,
- agricultural waste burning,
- aviation, separate files provided, including IPCC 1A3a and 1C1:
- total aviation emissions,
- climbing and descent emissions,
- landing and take-off emissions,
- cruise emissions aviation,
- supersionic emissions;
- energy manufacturing transformation,
- fossil fuel fires,
- fugitive from solid,
- international navigation,
- industrial processes and product use,
- non-road transportation,
- production of oil and gas,
- residential and other,
- road transportation, and
JRC press release on EDGAR v4.0 greenhouse gas emissions dataset
On May 25, 2009, the Joint Research Centre issued a press release on the EDGAR v4.0 greenhouse gas emission dataset.
- Background information.
- Annual emissions are available for download by country or by grid.
- For more information, please read the JRC press release, or the dutch translation at website of Netherlands Assessment Agency (PBL).
Background information on EDGAR v4.0 greenhouse gas emissions (1970-2005):
greenhouse gas emissions in CO2-equivalents. Comparison of emissions between different greenhouse gases, emission trends by major emitting country and comparison of emissions in industrialized and developing countries.
[ read more... ]
The mission of the JRC is to provide customer-driven scientific and technical support for the conception, development, implementation and monitoring of EU policies. As a service of the European Commission, the JRC functions as a reference centre of science and technology for the Union. Close to the policy-making process, it serves the common interest of the Member States, while being independent of special interests, whether private or national.